6.3.11

Sabayon with mango

1Sabayon has always been scary to me! It was like mastering the art of magic...But, my greedy curiosity for that gorgious italian dessert wouln't allow me to escape the challenge any longer! isn't the first move the hardest to make? Well, it's done...and was a great success! So, don't hesitate...

The original recipe used grapefruits, I switched for mango....D.E.L.I.R.I.C.I.O.U.S !!!!

yelds : 6 small plates

here's what we need :

1 mango, 3 tablespoons icing sugar, 3 eggs, 60g sugar + 2 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 10cl marsala wine, 3 drops almond extract, 20cl whipping cold cream.

here's what we do :

Divide egg yoks & whites
In a large bowl, mix egg yolks with 60g sugar & cornstarch
Put the bowl on a "bain marie" over medium heat & whisk for 3 minutes, it must be fluffy & double up
Out of heat, add marsala & almond extract & whisk for 3 more minutes
Set aside in fridge.

In a second bowl, whisk cold whipping cream with 2 tablespoons sugar until you have a lovely "chantilly"
Incorporate to the sabayon.

Peel & cut mango into slices & arrange in the plates
Pour the sabayon, sprinkle with icing sugar
put plates under oven grill for 2 minutes.
                                                                                                                                   relax, savour & share!
4

No comments:

Post a Comment